Remuda is a post frame builder and building material supplier headquartered in Rocky View County, AB. The business was founded by Steve Schouten in 2014 to better serve the needs of customers who wanted a broader range of services related to the construction of post frame buildings.
Today, Remuda is known across the prairies for the quality of its post frame buildings, unique finishings, distinct designs, and extraordinary customer service. The staff at Remuda pride themselves on rising to challenges and delivering on promises.
In July 2020, Remuda acquired Strathmore Building Supplies – a supplier of lumber, engineered products for wood frame residential, agricultural, and light commercial construction industries. Now rebranded as Remuda Supplies, we are located at the same location in Rocky View County. As part of the Remuda family, Remuda Supplies is dedicated to making it easier for contractors in Southern Alberta to source and receive the building materials they need.
Reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager, the Estimator is a highly valued member of the team. The Estimator is an essential role in the life cycle of every project undertaken by Remuda Supplies, as it establishes the resources, methods, and general framework to be employed by the project team. The successful candidate will have enthusiasm for challenging and unique projects, a passion for visionary design, and broad knowledge of materials, processes, and construction methods.
We offer competitive wages, benefits, a fun work environment, and an awesome internal company culture. Compensation is based on experience. Opportunities for advancement are available for the right applicant. If this sounds like a good fit, we welcome your application.
As an Estimator with Remuda Supplies, you will:
- Maintain courteous and professional service both internally and externally
- Be a resource for outside sales
- Produce cost estimates for potential projects, including lumber and building material packages
- Perform quantitative take-offs to establish accurate material and delivery costs
- Solicit feedback, time projections, and cost information from internal staff and external vendors
- Gather data on past projects to identify trends, commonalities, and rules of thumb
- Identify and offer solutions for value engineering opportunities that maintain the clients design intent as well as our high standards
- Continually evaluate, assess, and ensure that all work performed meets the company’s high standard of workmanship
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Key Requirements, Skills, and Training/Education:
- A degree or diploma in a relevant field would be an asset: Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Technology, Red Seal Carpentry, etc.
- Experience in construction estimating
- Understanding of construction processes, techniques, material properties, and standard practices
- Ability to interpret architectural/construction drawings, written specifications, and contract documents
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve alongside teammates and individually
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Apply today. Join our team and build your career at Remuda.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.